High Tea Terms & Conditions
– To secure your booking a $200 deposit is required. All booking enquiries that have not paid a deposit are considered as tentative and are subject to “First comes first served” policy.
– If you have a tentative booking and another party interested in the same date pays their deposit first, you could lose the booking.
Note: Payment of a deposit is the only way to confirm your booking.
– Once the deposit has been paid your booking will be confirmed and you will be sent our High Tea Selection form. Please complete and sign our High Tea booking selection form. The selection form must be forwarded to us either by fax to 02-8188 1770 or email at least 7 days prior to your function.
– The balance must be paid in full at least 7 days before the date of your event or function unless alternative arrangements have been made.
Please note: High Tea, Wedding packages & Gold Class Crockery Hire bookings can be booked up to 1 year in advance & Economy Crockery Hire bookings up to 3 months in advance.
2. Refunds & Cancellations
When you pay a deposit, both parties enter into a binding agreement and we lock in the date of your function. Therefore we no longer accept requests from other potential clients (for the services you have reserved) and it also gives you confidence that your booking will go ahead as planned.
To protect traders from bogus bookings, potential loss of income and to compensate for the time and expense devoted to the transaction, traders can retain part of a deposit in case of a cancellation. This policy is the same across the entire events industry.
– The client may cancel a booking but will forfeit all booking deposits
– Cancellations between 10 and 5 days prior to the event will incur a 50% cancellation fee on the invoice.
– Cancellations between 4 and 0 days prior to the event will incur a 100% cancellation fee on the invoice.
– Cancellation fees will be charged to the credit card provided as security, or the client can select an alternative way to settle the balance of the invoice.
– High Tea Delights will refund the entire amount you have paid to us if for any unforeseeable reason we are unable to provide our services.
– The above cancellation charges compensate for loss of assumed as well other potential income on specified date, and also other costs incurred such as food, labour and administration.
– Should High Tea Delights be unable to provide the service (or part of) due to extenuating and unforeseen circumstances, clients may not make any claim other than a full refund of deposit.
3. Change of Final Guest Numbers
Should the number of the final guests change, you need to notify us at least 7 days prior to the event. If guests cancel between 7 and 4 days prior to the event a 50% fee will apply. If your guests cancel within 3 days prior to the event, the entire amount is payable even if they are not attending. If your group falls below the minimum required number of guests, you will be asked to pay the minimum amount applicable to the high tea package you have selected.
4. Delivery, Pickup and Parking fees – High Tea Packages & Premium Crockery Hire:
All High Tea Packages as well as our Gold Class Crockery Hire Package qualify for free delivery, setup and collection within a 20 km radius from Bexley NSW (Based on Google Maps). Deliveries beyond the 20 km attract a small delivery fee. (fee depends on location)
We can pickup our equipment on the same day or on the next day. Pickups on Sundays after 5pm are surcharged at $50 (groups up to 30 guests) or $100 (groups over 30 guests) due to the increased cost of labour on Sundays after 5pm.
You are required to provide a parking space to our delivery team for delivery and collection. If you are unable to provide parking and street parking is not available, our delivery team will use a pay station in which case you are required to cover the parking fees. Parking fees are payable directly to our delivery team or charged to your nominated credit card.
5. Delivery, Pickup and Parking fees – Crockery Hire Packages (Economy & Premium Economy)
Our Economy Hire package does not qualify for free delivery. Our Premium Economy Crockery Hire qualifies for 5km free delivery. Min delivery fee is $25. Deliveries and pickups of basic crockery hire can only take place during weekdays. You are required to provide a parking space to our delivery team for delivery and collection. If you are unable to provide parking and street parking is not available, our delivery team will use a pay station in which case you are required to cover the parking fees. Parking fees are payable directly to our delivery team or charged to your nominated credit card.
6. Credit Card Bond
All bookings require a valid credit card as security. There will be no charges to the credit card provided unless in accordance with paragraphs 2 & 3 or if the value of damaged/lost items exceeds the damage bond. The charges for each damaged or lost item are outlined at the end of this page.
If you believe you have been incorrectly charged you should speak to us first. False credit card numbers and chargebacks to avoid paying for received services or for damaged items will be reported to the authorities.
8. Cleaning of China and Silverware
Our china is valuable, old and rare. Leftover tea and food can cause permanent stains. We ask you to help us preserve the beauty of our china. If you have booked a High Tea with us, all items should be rinsed by hand in cold water. There should be no tea residue and scrap food present, or a $100 cleaning fee will apply. All liquids and food scraps must be rinsed off. Strictly no dishwasher!
If you have booked crockery hire, you need to hand wash all items with soap and water prior to collection. Strictly no dishwasher because it will damage the delicate china!
9. Delivery and Collection
High Tea Delights will deliver & setup the day prior to your function or early in the morning on the day of the function according to the arrangements made between you and High Tea Delights.
All hire items will be collected at the end of your function or the next day as per arrangements between you and High Tea Delights. At least one person from the hirer’s end must be present during collection of crockery.
10. Items found after the function.
If a lost item is found after the collection, it is your responsibility to return the item to our premises.
11. Food quality
The food we provide is prepared by qualified staff in a professional kitchen using the freshest ingredients. High Tea Delights have taken all reasonable steps to ensure our food meets all health requirements & quality standards.
12. Food allergies
It is your responsibility and the responsibility of your guests to disclose any food allergies. If you or any of your guests suffer from food allergies they should not consume the food that we provide.
13. Damaged items
If damage, loss or breakage occurs, the value of the items is charged as follows:
Place Card Holder, Linen Napkin, Napkin Ring, Tea Spoon, Sugar Tong, Butter Spreaders, $10 per piece
Champagne Glass: $5 per piece
Dessert Knife, Dessert Fork, Dessert Spoon, Cake Tongs: $20 per piece
Tea Cup, Saucer, Milk Jug, Sugar Bowl, Side Plate: $30 per piece
Tea Pot, Cake Stand, Serving Platter, Sandwich or Cake Plate, Tablecloth: $50 per piece
Royal Albert Teapot: $100
Royal Albert Cake Stand: $60
Royal Albert Teacup, Saucer, Cake Plate, Sugar Bowl or Milk Jug: $60 per piece
Miscellaneous Items: POA
Our products and services are provided to the best of our ability and like every other service provider, we rely upon employees, contractors, vehicles, weather & traffic conditions, as well as information and facts you provide.
We will make all reasonable efforts to complete the agreed supply of products and services within the time estimate that we agreed upon. However, we shall not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered because of any unavoidable or reasonable delay in completion due to unforeseeable circumstances outlined above, including your failure to deliver items such as payments, documents or information.
Furthermore, we shall not be held responsible for misuse of any products and services that we provide to you. You and your guests shall use our products and services only for the purposes that they are intended to be used for.
15. Acceptance of our Terms & Conditions
We have taken every reasonable step to inform you of our terms & conditions. Terms & Conditions may change without notice. However, the conditions applicable at the time of your booking will apply. Acceptance of our terms & conditions is required in order to proceed with a booking. If you have already paid a deposit before you made yourself familiar with our T&C and you wish to cancel, we are happy to issue a refund within 48 hours from the time and date the deposit was paid. After the 48 hour grace period our regular cancellation policy applies.