High Tea Terms & Conditions
– To secure your booking a $200 deposit is required. All booking enquiries that have not paid a deposit are considered as tentative and are subject to “First comes first served” policy.
– If you have a tentative booking and another party interested in the same date pays their deposit first, you may lose the spot.
Note: Payment of the holding deposit is the only way to secure a booking.
– Once the holding deposit has been paid your booking will be confirmed and you will receive access to our online High Tea Selection form. Please complete and sign our High Tea booking selection form at least 7 days prior to your event.
– The balance must be paid in full at least 5 days before the date of your event or function unless alternative arrangements have been made.
1A: Booking in advance
High Tea, Wedding packages & Gold Class Crockery Hire bookings can be booked up to 1 year in advance & Economy Crockery Hire bookings up to 3 months in advance.
2. Refunds & Cancellations
When you pay a deposit, we no longer accept requests from other potential clients (for the services you have reserved).
To protect traders from bogus bookings, potential loss of income and to compensate for the time and expense devoted to the transaction, traders can retain a deposit in case of a cancellation. This policy is the same across the entire events industry.
– The client may cancel a booking but will forfeit all booking deposits
– Cancellations between 10 and 5 days prior to the event will incur a 50% cancellation fee on the invoice.
– Cancellations between 4 and 0 days prior to the event will incur a 100% cancellation fee on the invoice.
– The above cancellation charges compensate for loss of assumed income as well as potential income on specified date and also for costs incurred such as items that we order specifically for your event, food production, order preparation as well as labour and administrative costs.
– Cancellation fees will be charged to the credit card provided as security or if no credit card has been submitted, the client will settle the balance of the invoice by bank transfer within 7 days.
– High Tea Delights will refund the entire amount you have paid to us if for any unforeseeable reason we are unable to provide our services. This clause does not cover client initiated cancellations.
– Should High Tea Delights be unable to provide the service (or part of) due to extenuating and unforeseen circumstances, clients may not make any claim other than a full refund of deposit.
2a. COVID & Government Restrictions
– In the event of severe government restrictions (total lockdown or less than 15 guests allowed), you can postpone your event to a later date without penalty.
– In the event of moderate government restrictions (reduced guest numbers but more than 15 guests allowed), you can postpone your event to a later date with at least 7 days notice prior to your event without penalty, or proceed with reduced guest numbers.
– In the event of moderate government restrictions (reduced guest numbers but more than 15 guests allowed), if you postpone your event with less than 7 days notice, a 20% fee will apply to compensate for expenses already incurred (such as time to prepare your order, expenses on ingredients for your food etc..).
– In any of the circumstances above, if you elect to cancel rather than postpone your event, our standard cancellation policy will apply.
– Cancellations due to reasons not directly related to Covid-19 government restrictions, (personal reasons, anxiety over Covid, unhappy to proceed with reduced guests, etc…) the booking deposit will be forfeited and our standard cancellation policy will apply.
3. Change of Final Guest Numbers
Should the number of the final guests change, you need to notify us at least 7 days prior to the event. If guests cancel between 7 and 4 days prior to the event a 50% fee will apply. If your guests cancel within 3 days prior to the event, the entire amount is payable even if they are not attending. If your group falls below the minimum required number of guests, you will be asked to pay the minimum amount applicable to the high tea package you have selected.
4. Change of Organiser/Using a party planner:
Our service is multi-layered and for that reason we prefer to work with the same person from start to finish. If a new person/party planner takes over along the way, please forward them all existing correspondence & inform them of your booking arrangements. We will work along side the new organiser provided they have done their homework and they understand your booking. An administration fee of $200 will apply if the new person is uninformed and requires us to allocate time & resources to walk them through every single detail of our services and your booking.
5. Delivery, Pickup and Parking fees – High Tea Packages & Premium Crockery Hire:
All High Tea Packages as well as our Gold Class Crockery Hire Package qualify for free delivery, setup and collection within a 20 km distance from Bexley NSW (Based on Google Maps). Deliveries beyond the 20 km attract a small delivery fee. (fee depends on location)
We can pickup our equipment on the same day or on the next day. Pickups on Sundays after 5pm are surcharged at $50 (groups up to 30 guests) or $100 (groups over 30 guests) due to the increased cost of labour on Sundays after 5pm.
You are required to provide a parking space to our delivery team for delivery and collection. If you are unable to provide parking and street parking is not available, our delivery team will use a pay station in which case you are required to cover the parking fees. Parking fees are payable directly to our delivery team or charged to your nominated credit card.
6. Credit Card Bond
All bookings require a valid credit card as security. There will be no charges to the credit card provided unless in accordance with paragraphs 2 & 3 or if the value of damaged/lost items exceeds the damage bond. The charges for each damaged or lost item are outlined at the end of this page.
If you believe you have been incorrectly charged you should speak to us first. False credit card numbers and chargebacks to avoid paying for received services or for damaged items will be reported to the authorities.
8. Cleaning of China and Silverware
Our china is valuable, old and rare. Leftover tea and food can cause permanent stains. We ask you to help us preserve the beauty of our china. If you have booked a High Tea with us, items should be rinsed by hand in cold water. There should be no tea residue and scrap food present, or a $100 cleaning fee will apply. All liquids and food scraps must be rinsed off. Strictly no dishwasher!
If you have booked crockery hire, you need to hand wash all items with soap and water prior to collection. Strictly no dishwasher because it will damage the delicate china!
9. Delivery and Collection
High Tea Delights will deliver & setup the day prior to your function or early in the morning on the day of the function in line with the arrangements made between you and High Tea Delights.
Equipment will be collected at the end of your function or the next day as per arrangements between you and High Tea Delights. At least one person from the hirer’s end must be present during collection of the equipment.
10. Items found after the function.
If a lost item is found after the collection, it is your responsibility to return the item to our premises.
11. Food quality
The food we provide is prepared by qualified staff in a professional kitchen using the freshest ingredients. High Tea Delights have taken all reasonable steps to ensure our food meets all health requirements & quality standards.
12. Food allergies
It is your responsibility and the responsibility of your guests to disclose any food allergies. We can not cater for every diet/food allergy and guest discretion is advisable.
13. Damaged items
Lost or damaged equipment will be charged at replacement value. If damage, or loss occurs, the value of the items is charged as follows:
Place Card Holder, Linen Napkin, Napkin Ring, Tea Spoon, Sugar Tong, Butter Spreaders, $10 per piece
Champagne Glass: $5 per piece
Dessert Knife, Dessert Fork, Dessert Spoon, Cake Tongs: $20 per piece
Tea Cup, Saucer, Milk Jug, Sugar Bowl, Side Plate: $30 per piece
Tea Pot, Cake Stand, Serving Platter, Sandwich or Cake Plate, Tablecloth: $50 per piece
Royal Albert Teapot: $140
Royal Albert Cake Stand: $80
Royal Albert Teacup, Saucer, Cake Plate, Sugar Bowl or Milk Jug: $60 per piece
Miscellaneous Items: POA
Our products and services are provided to the best of our ability and like every other service provider, we rely upon employees, contractors, vehicles, weather & traffic conditions, as well as information and facts you provide.
We will make all reasonable efforts to complete the agreed supply of products and services within the time estimate that we agreed upon. However, we shall not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered because of any unavoidable or reasonable delay in completion due to unforeseeable circumstances outlined above, including your failure to deliver items such as payments, documents or information.
Furthermore, we shall not be held responsible for misuse of any products and services that we provide to you. You and your guests shall use our products and services only for the purposes that they are intended to be used for.
15. Acceptance of our Terms & Conditions
We have taken every reasonable step to inform you of our terms & conditions. Terms & Conditions may change without notice. However, the conditions applicable at the time of your booking will apply. Acceptance of our terms & conditions is required in order to proceed with a booking. If you have already paid a deposit before you made yourself familiar with our T&C and you wish to cancel, we are happy to issue a refund within 48 hours from the time and date the deposit was paid. After the 48 hour grace period our regular cancellation policy applies.