Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to High Tea Delights frequently asked questions page. Questions and answers are categorised by type. Please click on any of the main options below to reveal questions and answers.
If your question is not listed, please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help.
Why should I choose High Tea Delights?
If you are looking for the most prestigious High Tea Catering Service in Sydney with the added confidence of dealing with an established, reliable and passionate business, you are in good hands.
We offer a unique selection of gorgeous tea sets for you to choose from, beautiful gold cutlery, quality glassware and a generous selection of delicious sweet and savoury treats prepared by our passionate team. And to top it all, our packages represent incredible value. Our vision is to offer the best high tea catering in Australia and we couldn’t have it any other way.
What is included in a High Tea hosted by High Tea Delights?
We have created a delightful range of High Tea Packages designed to suit all budgets. Our high teas include an indulgent menu of freshly made sweet & savoury morsels, delicious finger sandwiches, our signature scones served with cream & jam, a selection of boutique teas, luscious napkins, a complete tea set, exquisite cutlery & silverware, sandwich plates, teapots, tiered cake stands, elegant crisp linen and our expert team to lay your tables! Our premium high tea packages include tempting additions for ultimate indulgence! Please visit our High Tea Menu and Inclusions page for more details
Do I get all the food items outlined on your menu & inclusions page?
Each high tea package includes a predetermined number of food items per person, which usually includes scones, finger sandwiches, sweet and savoury delicacies. The menu and inclusions page outlines our entire menu out of which you can make your selection up to the number of food items allowed in your chosen high tea package.
Do your packages include tables and chairs?
We apologise that tables & chairs are not included in any of our packages at this time.
How far in advance can I book?
In light of the current economic landscape and the price uncertainty caused by inflation, our High Teas, Wedding packages & Gold Class Crockery Hire bookings can be booked up to 8 months in advance.
Can I substitute the food items in my package?
Yes, you can indeed substitute food items (such as one type for another).
Can you cater for large events such as weddings & corporate functions?
Absolutely! We have the capacity to service larger groups. However, we advise to book as early as possible because our services are very popular.
Can I add extra food items to my package?
Of course you can. Simply select as many choices as you like during food selection process and then select “I have chosen more than x food items”. (x represents the number of food items included in your package)
Do you offer menu tasting?
Apologies, we do not offer menu tasting at this time.
Is your high tea china really vintage?
Yes and no. We offer 8 different styles of fine china sets, carefully selected to suit every style. The veritably vintage tea set is really vintage, whereas the rest of the sets are newer for a modern twist on a much loved tradition
Do you offer any additions to the standard inclusions?
Indeed. We offer a wide selection of extras carefully selected to make your next high tea unforgettable! Please see our high tea menu & inclusions and scroll down to the additional extras to discover what we have to offer.
How do I book my preferred tea set for my high tea?
The best way to secure the date and tea set of your choice, is to fill out our online booking enquiries form and upon receipt of a quotation from us, to transfer the holding deposit as early as possible, to secure your booking.
Which areas do you service?
High Tea Delights are proud to offer our prestigious high tea catering services to a wide area of Sydney! However, due to logistic reasons we are unable to service the entire Sydney Metropolitan area at this time. To determine if we service your area please see our service coverage map
Do you setup in Public Parks?
Apologies, we do not setup in public parks where basic kitchen facilities, shelter, electricity and running water are not available.
Which types of venues do you service?
We are happy to setup at your home, your backyard, or any venue of your choice, provided that basic kitchen facilities are available.
- Zone 1: Minimum spend in areas inside the Purple overlay is $975 (plus delivery fees if applicable)
- Zone 2: Minimum spend in areas outside the Purple Overlay and inside the Blue overlay is $1,350 (plus delivery fees if applicable)
- Zone 3: Minimum spend in areas outside the Blue Overlay and inside the Grey overlay is $1,995 (plus delivery fees if applicable)
- Please note the minimum spend does not include auxiliary services such as delivery fees or wait staff (if applicable).
- We offer free delivery, setup and collection within 20 km driving distance from our base in Bexley NSW (by road, based on Google Maps)
- Locations beyond the 20 km will attract a delivery fee. The delivery fee will be calculated and quoted upon receipt of your booking enquiry.
- Generally speaking, if your venue is situated a couple of km’s outside zone 3, we might be able to help (subject to availability)
- If your venue is situated more than 5km outside zone 3, we may not be able to help.
We understand that it can be disappointing to discover that many people on your guest list will not be able to attend and although we will allow a small leeway of about $50 below the minimum, (Zone 2 & Zone 3). If the difference is greater, here are a few things you can do:
- Consider adding some extras such as additional food, drinking glasses, drink dispensers, champagne buckets.
- Invite your B-list guests: If you had to leave some people off your initial list to keep the numbers down, now is the time to extend an invitation to those individuals. Although it may feel awkward to reach out to someone you didn’t initially invite, if you explain the situation tactfully and honestly, they should be pleased to be included.
- Allow for plus ones: If you initially decided to limit your guest numbers to manage your list, consider extending the invitation to your attendees’ mum, daughter, auntie etc…
Is your fine china for hire?
Indeed. Our exquisite high tea bone china is available for hire at very competitive prices. Please see our high tea crockery hire packages for more details.
1A: How far in advance can I book?
Our Gold Class Crockery Hire package can be booked up to 8 months in advance, and our Economy Crockery Hire packages can be booked up to 3 months in advance.